Salmon LIVE 29 October 2019
A chance for all of the local businesses, community groups and charities featured in Salmon Magazine to come together under one roof for one evening
Our vision is to encourage Kingston’s businesses and residents to lead a more sustainable lifestyle and to make considered, sustainable choices. By making people aware of Kingston Pound’s ethos; encouraging people to ‘shop local’ instead of online; sharing what is on offer by way of local recycling schemes and ethical business models; and introducing residents to local organisations, charity groups and community groups, it will create a better community for us all to thrive in.
List of stall holders:
- Boom Credit Union – a local, ethical bank who are sponsoring the event. Boom (previously Surrey Save Credit Union) also hold all money that is exchanged into Kingston Pounds.
- Kingston Council – promoting their clean air pledge.
- Paragon Green Cleaning – an eco-responsible cleaning company who accept Kingston Pounds.
- BeeInspired and Kingston Beekeepers Association
– selling local honey, bees wax wraps and natural beauty products.
- Kitty’s Kombucha – an ethically produced natural health drink
- Sage’s Health Store – selling natural health products and providing alternatives to unwanted plastic packaged products.
- Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness (KCAH) KCAH support primarily single people with a local connection to Kingston upon Thames and who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or who are experiencing serious problems with private landlords
– In the lead up to Salmon LIVE we are encouraging people to buy new men’s socks and pants, bring them along to the event and donate them to KCAH, and hopefully engage and sign up to volunteer at the KCAH night shelter.
- Citizen Zoo – Corporate rewilding and connecting people to nature.
- Sunray Recyle – a local community recycling project. Janine collects several items such as crisp packets, bread bags, baby food pouches and biscuit wrappers – once the minimum weight is reached they are then sent to TerraCycle for recycling. Sunray Community also collects bottle tops.
In the lead up to Salmon Live we are encouraging people to save their empty crisp packets, shake out the crumbs and bring them along on the night. Sunray Recycle send them off to Terracycle for recycling – perhaps the local schools and pubs could engage with this and encourage students/customers to save their empty crisp packets and bring them along!
- Kingston Volunteering – inspiring and supporting volunteers in Kingston
- The BeeHive Project – a touring giant bee hive providing free activity space and workshops. Part of the SHEDx – Growing Ideas in Tolworth project from The Community Brain.
- Joanna Blundell Yoga – nature inspired yoga to restore, reconnect and relax
- Greenwoods Residential – A local residential sales and letting agency.
- Love Kingston – Love Kingston is a community foundation fund that gives grants to charities and community groups working in the Royal Borough of Kingston.
Salmon LIVE Grand Prize Draw
We are running an online prize draw to raise money and awareness of Love Kingston. Prizes have kindly been donated by Kingston Pound businesses. The winners will be announced at the end of the Salmon LIVE event.Purchase tickets here: https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/salmonlive