Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before entering the competition.
Entering the competition constitutes an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The promoter of this Competition is Salmon – the magazine for an ethical and informed Kingston
Who can enter
● The Competition is open to any resident of the United Kingdom over 18 years of age.
● The Competition is closed to employees of Salmon Magazine and KingstonPound and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation of the Competition.
● Automated or bulk entries from third parties will be disqualified.
● There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
Details of prize
● The prize for winning the competition will be K£50 (Fifty Kingston Pound Notes) redeemable at businesses who accept Kingston Pounds.
● The Prize is as stated and they cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services.
● The Prize is not transferable and must be accepted by the winner.
● Salmon Magazine reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winners. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
● Copyright of any material produced as part of the competition is owned by Salmon Magazine and Kingston Pound CIC.
● Unauthorised use of the material produced as part of this competition, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of Salmon Magazine or, where applicable, the respective competition entrant is prohibited.
● Where you are able to submit any contribution to this competition you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant Salmon Magazine a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant SAlmon Magazine the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Salmon Magazine.
● By submitting your contribution to Salmon Magazine you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Salmon Magazine for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify Salmon Magazine against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Salmon Magazine as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
● You consent to your first name, photograph and social media handles about you being disclosed on Salmon Magazine and Kingston Pound digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
● Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with UK data regulations and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
● By entering the Competition, you agree that Salmon Magazine may contact you in relation to the Competition.
Absolving responsibility of the social platforms
● This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, platform Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network.
● Salmon Magazine do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the competition.
● Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Salmon Magazine and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
● any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
● any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and
● any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Salmon Magazine’s reasonable control.
● Salmon Magazine does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind and no responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
●Salmon Magazine shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
●You agree to indemnifySalmon Magazine against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Salmon Magazine.
● We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date terms and conditions on the Website and in the case of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and those on the Website, the Website terms and conditions will apply.
● These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.